Experience the rare opportunity to take part in this year’s Tennis Coaches Conference, with the likes of 2015 speaker – Ann Quinn, an inspirational speaker and peak performance specialist. Other world-class speakers and industry experts lining up will be finalised as the event draws closer.
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017
Registration starts on 1st August 2017
Stay tuned for more information!
Pay now with Paypal to reserve a seat in Tennis Coaches Conference 2017!
By making your payment, you agree to the Terms & Conditions of the Tennis Coaches Conference 2017 which can be found below.
- General Info
- Previous Speaker Panels
- Terms & Conditions
Monday, 23 October 2017
8.30 AM - 6 PM
Conrad Centennial Hotel
- Early Bird Registration (till 31 Aug) - S$100*
- Normal Registration (opens after 31 Aug) - S$150
- Full Day Conference
- Conference Programme
- Certificate of Attendance
- Lunch and Refreshments
- * A Pair of Category B tickets to the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global
Dr Ann Quinn
Peak Performance Specialist
From Grand Slams to Gold Medals and World Champions, Dr Ann Quinn has a long track record of creating winners. Her clients include Pat Cash (whom she trained to his Wimbledon crown), Pat Rafter, Australian Cricket Team members, an Aussie Rules National Team, World Boxing and Kickboxing Champions and multiple Paralympic Gold Medallists. She has a diverse background in Sports Science with degrees in Psychology, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Nutrition and Human Movement. However, it is tennis that has always been her passion. From Health and Fitness Director of the famous Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy in Florida, to more than ten years on the Tour training professional players, she then became the National Director of Coach Education at Tennis Australia before moving to London to take up the position of Head of Sports Science and Innovation at the LTA.
In addition to inspiring athletes to achieve their greatness, and consulting the WTA (Women's Tennis Association) and ITF (International Tennis Federation), Ann is also the CEO of Quintessential Edge based in Melbourne, Australia where she coaches aspiring high achievers to conquer their stress, build a winning mindset and be energised to Be Extraordinary.
She was a member of the ITF Coaches Commission and the Sports Medicine and Sports Science Commission for many years and has been a member of the WTA Tour Professional Development Panel since 2000. She has co-authored and edited several coaching publications including the ITF Strength and Conditioning and Sports Psychology Books and her own book , “How to be an Extraordinary Athlete, Secrets to Sporting Success” is internationally acclaimed.
She is also a highly respected professional speaker and has travelled the world lecturing on 6 continents and in more than 30 countries. She has been honoured with many awards including the ITF Award for services to the game in coaching, the Australian Sports Medal, the Professional Tennis Registry Plagenhoef Sport Science Award, and the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year for Australasia.
Topic by Dr Quinn: The Little Differences that Make the Big Difference.
In sport and in life there are so many little things we can do to make a big difference to our success. In this presentation, Dr Quinn combines her practical experience with a wealth of scientific research to showcase what you can do to help your players on and off the court to raise their game and be Extraordinary.
Senior Vice President of Sport Sciences and Medicine and Transitions, WTA
A native of Merrillville, Indiana, Stroia earned a B.A. in Sport Sciences with an emphasis in Athletic Training from Purdue University, a M.S. degree in Athletic Training from West Virginia University and a B.S. degree in Physical Therapy from Chicago Medical School. In her position as Senior Vice President, Stroia is ultimately responsible for the supervision and direction of both the Sport Sciences & Medicine and Transitions departments and staff (including departmental development, budgets, marketing efforts, setting policy and procedures). As such, she has been responsible for coordinating all health and medical services for the WTA to present, and the International Tennis Federation Women's Circuit from 1995 through 2003. In her time with the WTA, Stroia has developed and expanded the Sport Sciences & Medicine department's individual programs for the WTA, setting standards for tournament physicians, identifying and participating in research projects for tennis, injury prevention, women's health issues and new high performance/sports medicine products. She has also been responsible for the development and implementation of the initiatives of the Age Eligibility Rule and Player Development programs, since its inception in 1994. This department is in place to enhance the career performance, safety, fulfillment and longevity of professional women tennis players and is recognized as the leader of such programs in the professional sporting world. Stroia is the architect for Transitions, a program that has been introduced to the professional tennis world. Transitions launched in 2010 to provide sophisticated education, training and career guidance to maximize opportunities for athletes during their tennis career and after.
Senior Director of Athlete Assistance, WTA
Kathy Martin is Senior Director Athlete Assistance for the WTA, and the Player Welfare Officer for the ITF. She is a mental health counselor and sports physiotherapist with 30 years of experience in elite sports and expertise in the health and well-being needs of adolescent and young adult athletes. She holds a Master's degree in Counseling, a Graduate Diploma in Adolescent Health and Welfare, a Bachelor's degree in Physiotherapy, and is a titled A.P.A. Sports Physiotherapist. She has previously worked with the Australian Ballet Company, the Australian Olympic Team and Tennis Australia. Her roles with the WTA have included: Primary Health Care Provider and Manager, Player Development. She is currently the WTA's Senior Director Athlete Assistance and the Player Welfare Officer for the International Tennis Federation (ITF). Kathy provides assistance and resources for WTA players in the areas of emotional health and safety. Athlete Assistance helps players learn useful skills to improve their on-court performance such as: stress management; solve problems; balance training, stress and recovery; communication skills; develop healthy relationships; manage time and goal setting. She also develops policy and implements strategies, including education programs and background checks, which aim to enhance player safety and well-being.
Topic by both Kathleen and Kathy: Professional Development of the WTA Players - 20 years on - What are the differences today?
Professional tennis is an international, high stake, high profile sport with both increasing rewards and demands on players. To provide the best environment for health and success, the WTA have been proactive for over 20 years in supporting players to more fully achieve their physical and professional potential. This presentation will outline the findings from their extensive research and reviews and showcase the many changes, the different stressors, and programs that have made a big difference to the success of players on and off the court.
To be updated !
The conference is targeted to tennis coaches and sport coaches in general. However anybody with an interest in the themes presented is welcome to register for the event.
Because some of the speakers are dependent on the players they work with and if they qualify for the Finals. Players will begin to book their spots for the Finals closer to the event.
Organizers will update the speakers page once a new speaker is confirmed - So please check back!
There is no specific dress code for the conference. However, as the event is held in an air-conditioned room, we recommend participants to bring along a jacket.
After payment, you will receive a transaction ID from Paypal via email. This email will act as your admission ticket to the conference. Present this transaction ID at the event venue for admission.
Unfortunately, you will not be able to register on the spot. The registration will close on 16 October, so please register before that!
We accept payment via MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and Paypal.
You will receive physical tickets to WTA finals on the day of the conference.
Registration for the conference starts from 8:30am, and will begin proper at 9:00am. Please be seated by 8:50am so that the conference will run smoothly.
No, seating arrangement for the conference is on a first come first serve basis. Please come early so that you can have the best view of the speakers!
No! Lunch and tea breaks are included in the package!
TENNIS COACHES CONFERENCE SINGAPORE 2017
ONLINE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF CONFERENCE PACKAGE(S)
These terms and conditions (these "T&Cs") apply to your purchase of the Conference Package(s) for theTennis Coaches Conference Singapore 2017 held in association with the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global 2017 from its promoter and organiser, Lagardere Sports Asia Pte. Ltd.
("LSA", "we", "us", "our", "ours", and "ourselves").
By purchasing the Conference Package(s), you, as the purchaser ("you", "your", "yours" or "yourself"), are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these T&Cs.
Persons under 18 years of age should seek parental consent before purchasing Conference Package(s) and by purchasing the Conference Package(s) you hereby certify that you at least 18 years of age and understand these T&Cs.
The terms set out in these T&Cs shall have the meaning set out against them below, unless the context otherwise requires:
- "Conference" shall mean the Tennis Coaches Conference Singapore 2017, held in association with the Event.
- "Event" shall mean the BNP Paribas WTA Finals Singapore presented by SC Global 2017.
- "Force Majeure Event" shall mean an act of God, war (declared or undeclared), revolution, riot, civil unrest, terrorism (threatened or act) strike, lock-out, earthquake, flood, fire, delay in transit, satellite failure, inclement weather (including typhoons), failure of any public utility, undertaking or any other cause whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of LSA.
- "Conference PAckage(s)" shall mean the package(s) purchased by you in accordance with these T&Cs and shall include the physical pass(es) and/or ticket(s) to the Conference and the Event issued to you.
- "Host Venue" shall mean the designated venue(s) of the Conference and the Event, which may or may not be located within the same compound, any references to the "Host Venue" shall include the legal entity(ies) which own, operate and control the designated venue(s).
- "Official Sponsor(s)" shall mean officail spnsor(s) of the Conference and/or the Event.
- "Police" shall mean the Singapore Police Force, or any other body tasked with providing security arrangements for the Conference and/or the Event, and includes auxiliary police forces and members of the Singapore Armed Forces.
- "SSC" shall mean Singapore Sports Council (now known as Sport Singapore).
- "STB" shall mean Singapore Tourism Board.
- "WTA" shall mean WTA Tour Inc, a New York not-for-profit corporation with offices located at 1 Progress Plaza, Suite 1500, St. Petersburg, FL 33701, the owner and rights holder of the Event.
YOUR OBGLIGATIONS, WARRANTIES AND UNDERTAKINGS
- You hereby warrant that you have, and will continue to have full right, title and authority to undertake and perform all of the obligations on your part contained herein and there is nothing (including by way of agreement or arrangement) affecting you which may prevent the proper performance by you of your obligations under these T&Cs
- It is your responsibility to read and understand these T&Cs and any accompanying risks, obligations and responsibilities. If you do not consent to these T&Cs, you must not use the Conference Package(s) and/or enter the Host Venue. By using the Conference Package(s) and/or entering the Host Venue, you are deemed to agree and consent to be bound by these T&Cs.
- You shall not develop, undertake and/or engage in any activity in relation to the Conference and/or the Event at any time, either on your own or in conjunction with a third party, without the prior written consent of LSA.
- You shall not use in any internal or external advertising, marketing, promotional or any other literature or material in any media worldwide the name, logos or marks of the Conference, the Event, LSA, WTA, the Official Sponsor(s), any images of guests or players of the Conference or the Event, or any other related logos or marks associated with the Conference or the Event that may, in the reasonable opinion of LSA, imply or give the impression that you or the activities conducted by you are connected to or endorsed by the Conference, the Event, LSA, WTA, the Official Sponsor(s) or any of the guests/players of the Conference or the Event.
- You undertake that you shall not conduct yourself in a manner which is prejudicial or defamatory to the image of the game of tennis or its governing bodies, the Conference, the Event, WTA, LSA, STB, SSC, the Official Sponsor(s) and the Host Venue.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Conference Package(s) shall not be resold or transferred (whether for free or otherwise, or whether as a package with accommodation, transportation, food, beverage and/or other ancillary item or experience in the course of business or otherwise), and shall not be used for advertising, sales promotions or other commercial purposes (e.g. competition prize, sweepstakes) without LSA’s prior approval. Any Conference Package(s) obtained or used in breach of this Clause shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such Conference Package(s) shall be cancelled. Any person seeking to use a Conference Package in breach of this Clause in order to gain or provide entry to or remain at the Conference and/or the Event may be refused admission to or be ejected from the Host Venue and may be liable to legal action.
- LSA reserves the sole and absolute right to retain or confiscate or cancel any Conference Package(s) held by you reasonably determined by LSA to be in breach of any terms contained in these T&Cs without any liability to make any refund in respect thereof.
- 1.8 You shall be responsible for all claims resulting from any breach of these T&Cs.
- You shall:
- comply with all arrangements, directions, announcements or notices displayed or given by the Police or officers, employees, agents, contractors or representatives of LSA, WTA, STB, SSC or the Host Venue, in connection with the Conference, the Event and/or the Host Venue, including, without limitation, notices, directions, announcements or other requirements relating to the entry, access, conduct, safety and security at the Conference, the Event and/or the Host Venue;
- (b) comply with all laws, regulations or requirements of the Police or any other authorities (including without limitations LSA, STB, SSC, WTA or the Host Venue) in connection with the Conference, the Event and the Host Venue;
- (c) maintain safe, prudent and respectful behaviour at all times whilst attending the Conference, the Event and at the Host Venue;
- be responsible for personal items. Neither LSA nor the Host Venue will be responsible for any damage to, loss or theft of personal property; and
- comply with all other instructions and/or conditions displayed at the Conference, the Event and the Host Venue.
- LSA or the Host Venue shall have the right, at all times and at its sole discretion, to refuse entry or remove any person from the Host Venue. This includes, but is not limited to the following circumstances:
- Conference Package(s) is/are defaced, illegible, damaged, forged or copied, or not purchased from LSA or its authorised representatives and/or agents;
- the presence of the person would be detrimental to or compromises safety at the Conference and/or the Event;
- the person is deemed to be disorderly and/or intoxicated;
- the person is wearing or displaying commercial, political or other offensive signage or logos, except for official merchandise or other Conference-related or Event-related clothing worn in good faith;
- entry to the Host Venue or an area prohibited to the general public within the Host Venue was unauthorised or obtained illegally;
- person refuses to be inspected or refuses to submit its belongings for inspection for prohibited items; or
- adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes that will affect the safety of patrons.
- As an attendee of the Conference, a spectator at the Event and an attendee at the Host Venue, you shall assume all risks, dangers and liability, including that of any children under your care, which may be incidental to being present at the Conference, the Event and the Host Venue.
- LSA, WTA, STB, SSC, Official Sponsors and the Host Venue (and their respective officers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives) shall not be responsible or liable for any injury, loss or damage occurring out of or incidental to your attendance or presence at the Conference or the Event held at the Host Venue.
- You shall:
- Unless otherwise stipulated, all quoted prices for the Conference Package(s) are exclusive of goods and services tax (GST) and administrative fees. You shall be solely responsible and liable for any applicable processing and/or administrative fees and/or surcharge and/or bank charges in connection with all payment forms.
- Conference Package(s) shall only be issued to you upon receipt of full payment by LSA and LSA shall further advise you on the applicable collection and/or delivery options for the Conference Package(s).
- All Conference Package(s) issued to you shall be kept safe and in good condition as replacement or duplicate Conference Package(s) may not be issued for defaced, illegible, lost, misplaced or stolen Conference Package(s). Any replacement or duplicate Conference Package(s) may be made by LSA at its sole and absolute discretion and the cost of which shall be borne solely by you.
- Conference Package(s) cannot be exchanged or refunded under any circumstances, including but not limited to, the possible non-appearance of any particular guest, person, group or personality or player expected by you, or any variations to the schedule or line-up of the Conference and/or the Event, or any adverse weather conditions or any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of LSA.
- You further acknowledge that the schedule for the Conference and the Event (whether notified by LSA or otherwise) and its proposed format (including expected guests and attendees) is only provisional and is subject to change if necessary for any reason whatsoever. LSA shall not be liable to you for any changes in the line-up of guests, the players or format of, or any other element of, the Conference or the Event or arising from any arrangement of a substitute event.
CANCELLATION / RESCHEDULING
- LSA may postpone, cancel, interrupt or stop the Conference and/or the Event, or deny access to the Host Venue due to adverse weather, dangerous situations or any other causes without any compensation to you.
- Where the Conference and/or Event is/are rescheduled to take place on dates other than the scheduled dates stipulated in the purchasing form, you will be notified of the rescheduled dates. Your Conference Package(s) will be valid for the said rescheduled dates.
- You further acknowledge that you are fully responsible for taking out adequate insurance to cover against any losses which you may suffer as a result of interruption, cancellation, abandonment or postponement.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
- Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude or restrict a party’s liability for death or personal injuries resulting from the negligence of that party or of its employees.
- LSA shall not be liable to you by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent), or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty at common law, or under the express terms of these for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising as a direct or indirect result of breach or non-performance of these T&Cs due to a Force Majeure Event.
- LSA shall not be liable in any circumstances for any actual, indirect or consequential loss that may be suffered or incurred by you.
- The entire liability of LSA under or in connection with the sale of the Conference Package(s) to you pursuant to these T&Cs shall not exceed the amount of the Conference Package(s) purchased by you hereunder.
- You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless officers, LSA, STB, SSC, WTA, the Official Sponsor(s) of the Host Venue and their respective officers, employees, agents, contractors and representatives (collectively (the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all actual losses and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees and litigation costs) incurred by the Indemnified Parties as a result of any third party claims, which arise from any fraud, negligence, default or wilful misconduct on your part.
- If LSA is prevented in any manner from fully performing its obligations required hereunder and has failed to deliver to you the Conference Package(s) purchased by you due to the occurrence of a Force Majeure Event, then LSA’s obligations shall be suspended as long as any Force Majeure Event occurs and during the periods of time that those events exist; provided however, that LSA shall make good faith efforts to continue to fulfil its obligations hereunder and to remedy the Force Majeure Event within a reasonable period of time so as not to materially affect the performance of its obligations hereunder.
- If any Force Majeure Event is of a severity or duration such that it materially affects the ability of LSA to perform its obligations hereunder, then LSA may be entitled to terminate the Conference Package(s) without liability or further obligation to you, including but without limitation to any claim hereunder for any loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation or indemnification arising as a direct or indirect result of breach or non-performance due to the Force Majeure Event.
PHOTOGRAPHS, IMAGES & RECORDING
- You must not make, create, store, record or transmit any kind of sound recording, visual footage or audio-visual footage of, at or in relation to the Conference and/or the Event (“Recording”), or store, record or transmit any information or other data of, at or in relation to the Event (“Data”). Unless authorised by LSA in writing, you must not bring into or use within the Host Venue any equipment that may enable a person to do the aforementioned acts. Personal electronic devices (including still image cameras, mobile telephones and other personal communications devices) are permitted within the Host Venue unless otherwise advised, provided that any Recording, Data and any image, including photographic images and any still pictures derived or capable of being derived from a Recording of, at or in relation to the Conference and/or the Event (“Image”) that is recorded, stored and/or created thereon is used for personal, private and non-commercial purposes only.
- Without limiting any action available to LSA, it is a condition of sale that you acknowledge and accept that it is a condition of entry to the Conference and the Event that:
- the use of any such Recording, Data or Image (“Footage”) or any part of it for profit, commercial gain, public advertisement, display or for any other purpose except for the private enjoyment of the person making/recording the Footage, without the prior written consent of LSA is strictly forbidden and will constitute a breach of these T&Cs for which you may be liable; and
- if a person makes or reproduces or uses such footage or any part of with or without the consent of LSA, that person shall on request by LSA, assign in writing, all copyright and all intellectual property in the Footage to LSA, WTA or any other assignees of LSA.
- LSA shall have the right to allow any authorised photographers and/or videographers into the Host Venue for photography and/or video recordings for any present or future advertising, marketing or promotional purposes without your prior permission. As an attendee at the Conference, a spectator at the Event and as an attendee at the Host Venue, you may be photographed, filmed or sound recorded and LSA shall have the right to, and may permit WTA, STB, SSC, the Official Sponsor(s) and the Host Venue to, utilize your name, likeness, image, voice, writings and/or other identification in any manner, in and on any media, in perpetuity and without payment or approval, including (for example) in any and all still pictures of/from the Conference or the Event, live or recorded television, radio, wireless, or internal transmissions of the Conference or the Event and in general promotion of the Conference, the Event, LSA, WTA, STB, SSC, the Official Sponsor(s) and/or the Host Venue.
- All clause headings are included in these T&Cs for convenience and are not to be construed as affecting the interpretation of these T&Cs in any way.
- No failure or delay by any party in exercising any right, power or privilege under these T&Cs shall operate as a waiver thereof nor shall any single or partial exercise thereof preclude any subsequent exercise in law, in equity or otherwise.
- If any provision of these T&Cs is held to be void, invalid, illegal, or unenforceable under any law or regulation, such void, invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision shall be (a) revised to the minimum extent necessary (while still reflecting the original intent of these T&Cs as closely as possible) in order to make it valid, legal, and enforceable, or (b) deemed stricken if such revision is impracticable or impossible; and in either event all remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and binding upon the parties.
- Nothing contained herein shall be interpreted as constituting a partnership or joint venture between LSA and you and neither LSA nor you shall have authority to bind the other in any manner whatsoever unless otherwise expressly provided herein.
- You hereby agree that terms of these T&Cs are also for the benefit of WTA, STB, SSC, the Official Sponsor(s) and the Host Venue, which are deemed third party beneficiaries (the “Third Party Beneficiaries”), with all rights, benefits and remedies provided for hereunder. You further agree and acknowledge that any of the Third Party Beneficiaries may seek to enforce against, or benefit from, you pursuant to the provisions of these T&Cs. Save as expressly provided herein, nothing in these T&Cs shall confer on any other third party the right to enforce or benefit from any provisions of these T&Cs.
- No amendment or variation of these T&Cs is valid or binding unless made or confirmed by LSA in writing.
- These T&Cs shall be read and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of whose courts the parties submit.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
- This Clause shall only be applicable if you are providing your personal details and information (your “personal data”) solely for your own personal capacity as an individual and not your “business contact information”. Pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) (the “PDPA”), your “business contact information” means, your name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business email address or business fax number and any other similar information about you, not provided by you solely for your personal purposes.
- In general, LSA collects and uses your personal data to facilitate our provision of the Conference Package(s) purchased by you pursuant to these T&Cs. LSA will collect, use and retain your personal data in your file, and such other information that it may obtain by LSA from time to time and disclosed by you, for as long as the purpose for which your personal data is collected continues or where otherwise necessary for legal purposes or the purposes of LSA’s normal business operations. Such purposes may include but are not limited to: customising and optimising your experience at the Conference and the Event; auditing and accounting purposes; collecting fees owed to us; measuring clients’/sponsors’ interest and satisfaction at the Conference and the Event and/or in LSA’s products and services; resolving disputes; communicating with you and informing you about promotional and marketing information; detecting and protecting LSA against error, fraud and other criminal activity; and such other purposes as may be notified to you before or at the time of collection or use or disclosure of the information.
- LSA may also compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and/or accuracy.
- Under some circumstances, LSA may require certain financial information from you. LSA will use your financial information (including credit card information) only to verify the accuracy of your name, address, and other information, to detect any fraud or other criminal activity, and to bill you for the Conference Package(s) purchased by you pursuant to these T&Cs.
- LSA recognises the importance of your personal data and LSA has put in place reasonable security arrangements to protect your personal data, in such manner and to such extent as LSA deems reasonably appropriate to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
- As a matter of policy, your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to third parties (whether for their promotional and/or marketing purposes or otherwise) without your consent. However, LSA hereby reserves the right to disclose your personal data to our third-party service providers (including but not limited to any credit, debit and charge card companies, banks and other entities processing payment instructions, lawyers, auditors, and any other agents or subcontractors acting on behalf of LSA), government or regulatory authorities, to the extent required in the normal course and scope of LSA’s business in the provision of its services to you pursuant to with these T&Cs and where required or permitted by applicable law, statute or by-law, regulatory or governmental order or court order.